Using our website is generally possible without providing personal data. As far as possible, any personal data (e.g. name, address or email address) collected on our website is always provided on a voluntary basis. This data will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent.
Please note that data transmission via the internet (e.g. when communicating by email) can have security gaps. However, complete protection of data against unauthorised access by third parties is not possible.
Third parties are hereby explicity prohibited from using the published contact information within the context of the German imprint regulations for sending non-requested advertising material and information. The operators of this website expressly reserve the right to take legal action in case of receiving unsolicited advertising information, e.g. as spam mails.
1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) We care about the secure handling of personal data and its protection.
All your data is therefore exclusively processed on the basis of the corresponding legal provisions: Art. 12 and 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In the following sections, we would like to inform you about how we collect personal data when you use our website. Personal data is any information that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses and user behaviour.
(2) In accordance with Art. 4 (7) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), responsibility lies with
ZILA GmbH, Neuer Friedberg 5, 98527 Suhl, Germany
Our Data Protection Officer can either be contacted by email or post under the above contact details including the reference "Data Protection Officer".
(3) When you contact us by email or a contact form, we will store the mandatory information you provide us with, such as email address, name, subject and message, in order to answer your questions. We may also process the data you provide in order to inform you about other interesting products of our range or to send you emails containing technical information (Art. 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR). In this context, we will delete the data collected after storage is no longer required or restrict processing if there are any legal storage obligations.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes. In this respect, we will also state the specified criteria for storing the data concerned.
2 Your rights
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right:
- to request information on the categories of the data processed, the purposes of processing, any recipients of the data and the intended storage period (Art. 15 GDPR);
- to demand correction or completion of incorrect or incomplete data (Art. 16 GDPR);
- to revoke a given consent at any time with effect for the future (Art. 7 (3) GDPR);
- to demand the deletion of data in certain cases within the context of Art. 17 GDPR - in particular, if the data is no longer required for the intended purpose, if it is being processed unlawfully, if you have revoked your consent as per Art. 7 (3) GDPR or if you have declared an objection according to Art. 21 GDPR;
- to demand the restriction of data under certain conditions if deletion is not possible or the legal obligation to delete the data concerned is disputed (Art. 18 GDPR);
- to transferability of data, which means that you are entitled to receive the data provided to us in a common, machine-readable format such as CSV and, if necessary, to transfer it to others (Art. 20 GDPR);
- to complain at the responsible supervisory authority about data processing
Any requests for information, deletion and correction, data transferability or objections to data processing are to be submitted by email or post to
Private and confidential
Data Protection Officer
Neuer Friedberg 5
98527 Suhl, Germany
Phone: +49 3681-867300
Please also note that you can object to processing of your personal data in the future at any time, according to the legal requirements as per Art. 21 GDPR. In particular, you can refuse to processing for the purposes of direct advertising without incurring any other costs than the usual transmission costs at the basic rates.
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or provide us with information in any other way, we only collect the personal data your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display the website and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR);
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific site)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted
- Website the request comes from
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files stored on your hard disk, allocated to the browser you are using. In this way, the side setting the cookies (here we) is able to gather certain information about you.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which will be explained below:
– Transient cookies (see also b)
– Persistent cookies (see also c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This particularly includes the session cookies. These save a so-called "session ID", which allows us to allocate various requests from your browser to the joint session, so that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary from cookie to cookie. These cookies can be deleted at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can adjust your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the features of this website if you do so.
3 Data protection information for applicants
ZILA GmbH takes data protection very seriously. You can apply at ZILA by post at the address below
Neuer Friedberg 5
Human Resources Department (confidential)
98527 Suhl, Germany
We will process your data in our IT systems as part of the application process. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit b) GDPR.
If you send us your application documents and personal data by unencrypted email, you agree to this method of transmission. You also agree that we are allowed to communicate with you in the application process by unencrypted email, for example to confirm receipt by unencrypted email. The legal basis for this method of communication is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) and f) GDPR.
If there are no statutory retention periods to observe, your data will be deleted 6 months after completion of the application process at the latest or - in the event of recruitment - transferred to the HR administration of ZILA GmbH. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
4 Rights of data subjects
5 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online presence, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be watched directly on our website too. All of them are integrated into the "extended data protection mode", which means that no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos the data mentioned in section 2 will be transmitted. However, we have no influence on this data transfer.
(2) By visiting our website, YouTube receives the information that you have visited the relevant subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned in section 3 of this policy will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account where you are logged in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be allocated directly to your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with YouTube, you need to log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Even for users who are not logged in, an evaluation is carried out especially for the purpose of providing needs-based advertising and for informing other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You are entitled to object to the creation of these user profiles, but you have to contact YouTube to exercise this right.
6 Application of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in case IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address is transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate the use of this website, to compile reports about the website activities and to provide further services to the website operator in connection with the use of the website and the internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This enables IP addresses to be processed in abbreviated form; thus, the possibility of personal references is excluded. If the data collected about you contains any personal reference, this is immediately excluded and the personal data is consequently deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and to improve it regularly. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our services and to make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases, in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework . The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR.
7 Deletion deadlines
Your personal data will be deleted, if statutory storage obligations are not in conflict with this, if you have claimed for deletion, if the data concerned is no longer necessary for fulfilling the purpose it was stored for or if storage is not permitted for other legal reasons.